TRUMP OFF !!
Mel & Donnie Trump
A.K.A. Mia Kunter & Shecky Beagleman
Feb. 19th, 2pm – 6pm
OffLINE at CENTRAL BOOKING, 21 Ludlow St
New York, NY 10002, (Ludlow & Hester)
(M, J, F Train to Essex and Delancey or F Train to East Broadway Station)
An afternoon of Not My President’s Day scheduled and open mic performances. Join as audience, performers, and social media documentarians. On Feb. 20th, we need you to post short videos of TRUMP OFF on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube with the lovely hashtags #notmypresident #notmypresidentsday #badandnasty & #dumptrump #trumpistemporary.
Jack Shamblin at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organizers
"Fascinating" — Ellen Parks
"PERFECT" — Caryl Churchill
"Heroic" — Theodora Skipitares
"Agile in spirit, body and mind” — Anne Bogart
"Protests his demise by punching furiously at the milky body bag that encases him."
— Dave Richards, the New York Times
Jack Shamblin, American born international writer, actor, director, comedian, and activist. He identifies as gender non-conformist and challenges his audience to home-bake performance art for pleasure and community. He has been listed as a critic's pick multiple times and captioned photo with "Future So Bright," (Time Out New York)
Debut: 1994 at La MaMa in Theodora Skipitares' Under The Knife: A History of Medicine.
* Hanging from “The Annex's fire escape” as Prometheus.
* Wearing an electrical prom dress with a TV monitor wig, performing at clubs and wedding receptions about domestic violence.
* Performing with Jayne Atkinson and Philip Seymour-Hoffman at the Public Theatre in the New York premiere of Caryl Churchill’s The Skriker.
* Presenting Sodomite! (a protest against U.S. sodomy laws ) to crowds of New Yorkers.
* Working with Kate Bornstein and Ellie Covan on his play Thurma at Dixon Place.
* Writing and performing for choreographer Paulo Henrique, Minimally Invasive European tour.
* Drenching his body in green paint, becoming a landscape while taking a bunny-eared condom and hopping it across his torso into his mouth.
* Running a play Bread & Circus 3099 co-created with Nicole Zaray at La MaMa Annex.
* Being submerged in a tight water cube to make a performance video and then projected at London's Sketch Gallery on four giant walls.
* Dancing at the bottom of a well in Lisbon as a homeless God.
* Sewing his body to his lover for arts publication Umbigo.
* Parading on stilts made of books to become a fairytale giant in arts festival Secrets at Jardim Botânico Tropical De Belem.
* Creating film O Castelo Preto with performance collective Advance D-Lux that he founded with J. Carlos Díaz at C.E.M. in Lisbon.
* Wearing white underwear packed with strawberries and being spanked by a chosen audience member at Dixon Place for his show about a future dictator in Revofuckinlution.
Since 2010, creates live art show F#CK MiA, play BLATANT, and video series on YouTube Anarchist Mia Kunter, performs a pop-up tour for his book Queering The Stage.
Follow on: Twitter: @jack_shamblin, YouTube: Jack Shamblin, YouTube: Mia Kunter, Facebook: jack.shamblin, Instagram: miakunter. Website: miakunter.com (in progress)
Shecky Beagleman has been nominated for two Manhattan Association of Cabaret Awards for outstanding female comedian. She wrote for and was a regular cast member on USA Network's UP ALL Night with Gilbert Gottfried and Rhonda Shear. Co-wrote Catwalk a short narrative comedy; winner of The Silver Award at the Houston International Film Festival. Co-wrote and appeared in an episode of Comedy Central's Musical Shorts as the beloved Horseboy. Appeared in the short film Performance Pieces with F. Murray Abraham. Did a guest spot on the CBS comedy Welcome To New York with Christine Baranski and Jim Gaffigan. Co-wrote and appeared in USA Network's Boundary Breakers with Jim Gaffigan. Appeared on The Howard Stern Show in 3 improvised comedy segments on CBS, K-Rock and E!
Follow on: Twitter: @scheckybeagleman, Facebook: @sheckyb, Website: www.sheckybeagleman.net & angelamuto.net
OffLINE at Central Booking, 21 Ludlow Street, New York, NY 10002
Event/Venue Contact Information
Visited 421 times, 1 Visit today